SAP SuccessFactors is a cloud-based talent management company started by Lars Dalgaard in California. Often called SFSF or SF casually by its users, this HR tool offers cloud-based software for HCM (Human Capital Management) using SaaS (Software-as-a-service) model. It integrated various talent management and core HR features, providing its clients with different deployment alternatives that cater to particular solution requirements. The software has long been known as an innovator in talent management. Since its inception, SAP SuccessFactors has grown constantly and become a crucial part of HR technology.
Capabilities of SAP SuccessFactors
The potentialities of SAP SuccessFactors entail four pillars of talent management which are hiring, learning & development, compensation management, and performance management. It also involves time, attendance, onboarding software, people analytics, and workforce planning capabilities. In the product line of SAP SuccessFactors, Employee Central happens to be the critical HR hub that caters to the HR system of record. This data repository holds details about each employee like address, national identification number or Social Security, paycheck, and benefits enrollments. It can also include details about job positions, regulatory compliance records, and the reporting structure in the enterprise.
Employee Center from SAP SuccessFactors also offers manager self-service functions and ESS (employee self-service) functions which enable users to introduce changes they can make authoritatively without asking for help from the HR department.
Employee Central Payroll is a different optional module that manages payroll, often deemed a core HR function. The company has recently collaborated with other HR software-making organizations in incorporating AI (Artificial Intelligence) to enhance the analytics function and facilitate HR processes with NLP (natural language processing), ML (machine learning), and chatbots.
Features of SAP SuccessFactors
Key features of SAP SuccessFactors software are:
- Provides complete HCM suite
- Compliance and auditing integration
- Enables extensive learning and development
- Enables hiring HR transactions
- Changes and transfers of job positions
- Assists in the time-off management
- Allows reporting of payroll timesheets
- Helps one to perform queries at an already planned time.
- Global Expertise
Benefits of using SAP SuccessFactors for mid-to-large businesses
SAP SuccessFactors assist organizations in regulating HR functions in a cloud-based environment productively. This solution helps companies to incorporate SAP ERP utilizing SAP PI or SAP HCI. Some excellent pros and gains you will enjoy when using SAP SuccessFactors are:
- Enables unlimited extensibility and provides scalability.
- Offers comprehensive end-to-end recruiting software solutions.
- Easy to track and maintain personal and professional goals with Performance and Goals module.
- SAP SuccessFactors renders onboarding a strategic and systematic process that facilitates any enterprise to enhance the time to productivity and job satisfaction.
- It supports companies by encouraging the workforce to give their best and deliver a precise pay-for-performance culture.
- It enables one to generate a policy that entails learning management solutions.
- It provides streamlined compensation and performance management facilities.
When is SAP SuccessFactors an ideal solution?
SAP SuccessFactors offers an elaborative HXM (Human Experience Management) suite created to automate and streamline basic to advanced HR processes, from recruiting and payment processing to performance management and succession planning. This all-in-one system might be a tad overwhelming for small businesses. It is optimal for mid-to-large scale businesses that do not have budget issues as SAP can be costly and are planning to extend the operations to foreign countries. SAP SuccessFactors is an incredible performer when it comes to handling global payroll.
So, SAP SuccessFactors is ideal for:
- Organization planning on recruiting a global team: SAP can facilitate companies to mushroom their global workforce. It also offers localized compliance, employment, legal support, and a global payroll processing solution.
- Huge companies with more than 1000 employees are thinking of hiring more: SAP can offer the HR support that large companies need by providing advanced hiring, recruiting, and onboarding tools that include automated processes. It comes at a higher price than average small business software, and huge businesses generally hold the capital to cover such outlays.
- Organizations already employing SAP Solutions: If your enterprise relies on SAP business tools and solutions, you can smoothly incorporate further integrated modules to build a comprehensive R solution tailored to your company.
SAP SuccessFactors is a complete HXM suite that productively manages the whole employee lifecycle starting from recruitment to retirement. The advanced payroll processing tools and HR tools smoothly integrate with other SAP solutions like CRM and finance tools which enable companies to handle crucial business operations with a single platform.
main photo: unsplash.com/Sigmund